Tuesday 19 April 2011

Sink Love.

Was spending some time giving my taps and plug holes some love and suddenly felt inspired to start a blog.

Not that I think anyone is particularly interested in my cleaning habits (besides those people that consider cleaning a competitive sport - you know who you are - and Game On). Or that I think describing the delicious details of my every day will be particularly entertaining for anybody. It's not about you, It's About Me. Wanting to join the world of Mummy Bloggers.

Something about that whole earth-shattering experience of creating a new life that has made me feel more connected to the human race, and the world in general. So its kinda paradoxical that becoming a StayAtHomeMum can make you feel disconnected from the outside world and the rest of humankind. Haven't joined the local CWA yet, so for now the Internet shall be my community of choice.

Back to my sink. Generally, cleaning sinks isn't described as inspiring. But as I was scrubbing crud out of the plug hole with a toothbrush I had what Oprah calls an 'A-ha moment'. It doesn't matter what you do in life, as long as you do it well. And it's appreciated by somebody, even if it's just you who appreciates your efforts. I'll report back in about 20 years about whether I've done the job well... As for the appreciation, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment