Thursday 21 April 2011

Ladies who Entertain

Success!

Had The Mummies over this morning and it was FUN. Good conversation, tasty homemade treats, and best of all nobody ventured out of the lounge room, which meant all that time I saved not cleaning the rest of the house was well worth it. And nobody seemed grossed out about the cat hair that no matter how hard I vacuum the rug, never seems to get sucked up. I should just buy a rug made of cat hair and be done with it. Speaking of the cat, Fats Lady, she thought the whole social event was organized in her honour and delighted in swishing her voluminous tail in the faces of the various babies scattered around the lounge room. Right now she's purring and making scones on Little Lady's best knitted blanket, loving life. Disgusting.

So, The Mummies enjoyed our homemade goods - chocolate crackles that I made in the shape of nests and put teeny speckled chocolate eggs in because I heart Easter and birdies and eggs, new life, all that. And Mr. Lady made caramel slice. He's so freaking good at making desserts...his cheesecake is outstanding, he made a chocolate mousse to die for once from lindt dark chocolate, and this caramel slice was just phenomenal. I was planning on taking credit for the slice but I'm crap at lying and I seriously have no culinary talent (what I lack in skills I make up for in creativity), so The Mummies were all like 'ooooh you've got a good one' and I was all 'yeh he's alright' and then I told him they said that, which I shouldn't have done because then he thought he could play Xbox all afternoon while Little Lady and I cleaned out the spider infested garage. Yeh, we work hard for our caramel slice.

Some good topics of conversation came up with The Mummies though. Usually it's all 'How do you' and 'What does' and 'Does yours', but we got into some real nitty gritty stuff today, less sunshine and snowflakes and more war stories. My particular favorite, for the information of those ladies who had an epidural, was the unanimous agreement that pushing the baby out feels like you are doing a massive poo.

Anyway Little Lady was excited to see all her friends downstairs when she woke up from her nap, all boys here today though and she decided pretty quickly that boys are boring and she was going to smile and laugh and charm the pants off The Mummies because she'd much rather drink water from a real glass and and have her hair played with than crawl around and poke each other in the eye.

AND we were so exhausted from being hostesses with the mostest when everyone left, that we had to have a nap on the couch in front of Oprah.

No comments:

Post a Comment