Sunday 8 July 2012

Must dash - Downton Abbey is on


In order to encourage myself to achieve a personal goal and contribute more frequently to my blog, I am forcing myself to write an entry in the 2 minutes before Downton Abbey starts (any other Downton fans out there? Holla! The combination of deliciously scandalous plot lines coupled with posh accents and alabaster-skinned heroines get me squealing with delight that it's a Sunday night). 

It has been hard to sit down and get started these last few weeks, mostly because I think of what could be a great idea for a blog post, and then talk myself out of it with "nah that's boring, nobody would want to read about that". Until just now, when I realised that nobody actually reads my blog, so it doesn't matter! So for tonight's thriller, you get a description of what is going on in the Ladies' household right now as I type on my computer.

*Rustling and giggling from the little lady's bedroom as Mr Lady deftly changes a surprise pooey nappy in the dark without removing little lady from her cot and trying to be as un-interesting as possible so as to keep sleep environment as boring and unstimulating as possible*

LL: Washhat? WassshaAAT?
ML: The fan.
LL: Fan. Faaaan. FAAAAAAAN (excitedly and with giggles). Funny!

Now, while I may have failed to entertain you with this post, Mr Lady clearly did not fail to entertain little lady with his monotonous and monosyllabic answer to the question of "What's that?". And indeed, little lady is very easily entertained. Which is why I choose to hang out with her. All the time. She's like the friend that always gets your hilarious jokes. And the humour in ceiling fans spinning round in the dark. Now, I'm off to spend time with my other Lady (of the Grantham variety).

Yes she still sleeps in the portacot

No comments:

Post a Comment